Sunday, October 28, 2012

moving my feet

Recently, I have been struggling with letting go. Just letting go of all my fears and anxieties. Letting go of my hopes and dreams and saying to the Lord "show me your hopes and dreams for me instead of my own." It's kinda hard...not gonna lie. It's like I know that it's what I need to do, but I can't make myself 100% just give up everyyyy little thing to the Lord. I always want my way. It's a problem.

I've been praying about these things. I pray that the Lord will guide me in every way. What friends and relationships do you want me to have? What should I do this summer? What should my major be? What am I going to do when I leave college? I pray about it all the time, and I honestly haven't been feeling like I am getting any answers and it's frustrating.

so I was on Pinterest today.
what day am I not on Pinterest? I don't know..
But today I was just doing my daily Pinterest run-through and I stumbled across this:


Just a simple little quote. Don't know who said it. But it really made me think. I pray about everything I am worried about allllllll zee timmeeeee but am I willing to "move my feet"? Am I willing to do what the Lord wants me to do rather than what I want to do? 

This goes back to my struggle with always wanting things to go my way. And I thought, maybe the Lord is answering my prayers when I ask him what He wants for me, but maybe they aren't what I want, so I'm ignoring Him? 

So as I start a new week tomorrow. My goal, and maybe if you're reading this it can be your goal too, is to seriously listen for the Lord's voice in everything I do- not just ignore Him if it's something I don't think is for me. I need to be willing to move my feet and trust that the Lord knows exactly what He's doing in my life. I need to depend on Him and follow His guiding presence by staying in constant communication with Him: not just asking Him for things I want, but for things that He wants of me. 

In Christ Alone,
Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment